Monday, April 27, 2009

The Black Box

150 Word Reflection



The image I have chosen from the thesis work is the watercolour image from book 1. Although the main purpose of the artwork is ultimately to portray ideas of shadows I reflected on it in its overall shape and symmetry. The work shows the reflection of the main image, which indirectly reflected the overall shape of my design. Both scientists' working space have some kind of increasing block like tower shape. I attempted to mirror the shape of the 2 work spaces from the meeting point in a similar way to the artwork. Obviously they are not direct mirror images of each other and the overall shape isn't exactly symmetrical I believe an overall feel of symmetry is still present. This, again I believe, gives a greater connection and flow between the entire space as opposed to having 2 very different workspaces with no correlation within the design.




No comments:

Post a Comment